Research grants: Filling important knowledge gaps
The TIAA Institute has launched a call for research proposals to support new research on retirement and financial security, higher education, and issues in ageing. The deadline for research proposal submissions is October 6, 2023, at 5 p.m. ET. For eligibility requirements and instructions on how to submit a proposal, please see the 2023 Request for Research ProposalsOpens pdf.
In 2022, we funded the following studies:
- Evaluating the effectiveness of financial coaching (Patrick Turner, University of Notre Dame)
- Using big data to develop financial awareness index (Ning Tang, San Diego State University)
- How do life events effect retirement timing? (Jonathan Legenza, Clemson University)
- Impact of student loan debt on retirement saving and retirement security (Olivia Mitchell, University of Pennsylvania)
- Does philanthropic giving to colleges and universities alleviate student financial need? (Genevieve Shaker, Indiana University)
- Successfully enacting shared equity leadership (Adrianna Kezar, University of Southern California)
The TIAA Institute collaborates with leading organizations, such as the Pension Research Council, to fund research and advance knowledge in our areas of focus, including the behavioral dimensions of financial wellness.