*Our practice is to reinstate a client's TIAA account in full if there is a loss that is determined to be the result of unauthorized activity through no fault of the client.
Committed to protecting your data – now and always
Protecting your data
Securing your accounts
Providing customer assurance*
We protect your personal information
- TIAA's Security Operations Center provides fast, accurate, thorough and non-stop protection from cyber attacks
- Stringent security patching practices address vulnerabilities that attackers try to exploit
- Data loss prevention controls help ensure data doesn't fall into the wrong hands
- Award-winning security awareness training drives a culture of accountability for customer data protection
- Robust supplier risk management practices help ensure our suppliers adhere to our expectations
Accounts are protected from unauthorized access
TIAA's log-in security strategy provides faster and more accurate prevention and detection of cybercriminal access techniques.
- 24x7 security monitoring alerts us to potential issues
- Industry threat intelligence helps us stay ahead of attacks
- Established technologies provide efficient prevention, detection and response
- Multifactor authentication (MFA) is always on to help ensure only you can log into your account
Something you know
Like your username, password, SSN or date of birth
Something you have
Like your registered laptop, smartphone or tablet PC
Something you are
Like voice, facial or fingerprint biometrics
Further strengthen your authentication
Additional verification factors can be added for increased account security.
TIAA provides assurance if an incident occurs
You are reimbursed for any loss due to unauthorized access.*
- View TIAA's Customer Protection Policy
- State and Federal law-based incident response and notifications
- Credit monitoring and identity theft repair if your data is breached
- Regulatory oversight, independent audit and certification of alignment with industry expectations
Resources to protect your online interactions
Strengthen your defenses against cybercriminals by increasing awareness and remaining vigilant.
- Multifactor authenticationOpens pdf
- Digital security – working from homeOpens pdf
- Tips on how to protect yourself onlineOpens in new window
- Enable additional account security featuresOpens pdf
- Defend against email, phone and text scamsOpens pdf
- Help keep elders secure from exploitationOpens pdf
- Cyber safety tips for parentsOpens pdf
Report something suspicious
Call us 800-842-2252
We're here every weekday from 8 a.m. − 10 p.m. (ET).
Report a suspicious email
To report a suspicious email, please email us at email@example.comOpens Email.
We gathered a list of fraud investigative agencies, major credit bureaus and other resources.Opens dialog
Responsible Disclosure policy
If you are a security researcher and believe you have identified a vulnerability affecting TIAA, please submit a report here.Opens in a new window For other security issues, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgOpens Email