Search our FAQ library or browse by topic.
All FAQs about computer requirements
First try downloading the latest version of the browser. Newer browsers have additional functionality and have corrected problems from earlier versions. Some older releases may be incompatible with new features of tiaa.org or other websites.
If you've downloaded a new browser and still experience difficulties, try the following troubleshooting tips. If that doesn't work, send us a message explaining your problem.
If you run into problems downloading, installing, or updating the new Microsoft Edge , here are a few things you can try. The tips are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that helps, and then continue to the next one if it doesn't.
1. Check your operating system
Microsoft Edge is currently available on Windows 10, Windows 8 and 8.1, and Windows 7, 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64). It's also available on macOS 10.12 Sierra or higher, and Linux.
2. Check network connectivity
- Check your network connection. For more info, see Fix network connection issues in WindowsOpens in a new window.
- Check your VPN. If you received a 403 error and are using VPN, the VPN might be blocking Microsoft Edge from downloading correctly. Try disconnecting from the VPN temporarily while you download and install Microsoft Edge.
3. Check your trusted sites
If you're using Internet Explorer to download Microsoft Edge, you might need to add officeapps.live.com to your browser's list of trusted sites.
- In Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet options.
- Select the Security tab, then select Trusted sites (with the green checkmark) > Sites.
- Under Add this website to the zone, type https://officeapps.live.com, select Add, and then select Close.
- Continue downloading and reinstalling Microsoft Edge.
4. Try reinstalling Microsoft Edge
If you're a Windows user, you don't need to uninstall Microsoft Edge before you reinstall it. Also, your history, cookies, and settings will be restored after the reinstall completes.
If you're a Mac or Linux user, you'll need to uninstall Microsoft Edge before you reinstall it, and your history, cookies, and settings won't be restored after the reinstall.
To clear cache in Firefox:
Select Tools and click "Clear private data."
Then, on the result "popup window" check the options "Cache" and "Authenticated Sessions," and select "Clear private data now."
You can also try this method:
Tools > Options > Privacy tab > Select "Settings" in the "Private Data" section >> Select the check boxes "Cache" & "Authenticated Sessions."
Check the box "Ask me before clearing private data" in the "Private Data" section.
Some dynamic applications on tiaa.org may not take effect immediately on the Safari browser. This is due to Safari caching the page you are trying to look at. If you are not seeing the changes you requested on a page, try refreshing the page. If you still do not see any change, you may need to clear your cache.
To clear the cache:
Select Safari > Empty Cache (Cmd–Opt–E). Now refresh the page.
To clear the cache:
History > Select "Clear browsing data", then in the pop-up window select the "Clear browsing data" button again.
The DuckDuckGo extension is known to have issues while on some websites. If you experience issues browsing TIAA.org, you may want to consider disabling Site Privacy Protection.
Click on DuckDuckGo extension (in your browser) -> Site Privacy Protection and then disable/toggle off the enabled toggle option.
You can use any of the following browsers to access TIAA.org:
- Microsoft EdgeOpens in a new window
- Google ChromeOpens in a new window
- Mozilla Firefox:WindowsOpens in a new window
- Safari:Mac onlyOpens in a new window
Please note also that some online features require plug-ins, which are supplemental software programs that work in concert with your browser to provide additional functionality. These include:
- Macromedia's free Flash PlayerOpens in a new window (for playing animated presentations)
- Adobe AcrobatOpens in a new window (for accessing and printing replica–quality applications and other business forms)
Operating systems and recommended browsers:
- Windows: Microsoft Edge 112, Mozilla Firefox 112, Google Chrome 112.
- Mac OS X 10.15: Safari 16.x, Mozilla Firefox 112.
- Wireless devices: TIAA mobile apps support devices running iOS 13.0+, Android 7.1+, watchOS 4.3+, and Wear OS by Google.
TIAA does not officially offer support for all mobile or wireless devices.