NEW YORK (January 16, 2020) – TIAA, a leading financial services provider, announced it has eliminated online brokerage commissions for equities, ETFs and options listed on U.S. exchanges.
“Since TIAA was founded over 100 years ago, our mission has been to help make our clients better off, no matter their age, financial situation or goals,” said Lori Dickerson Fouché, Chief Executive Officer of TIAA Financial Solutions. “This move is part of our company-wide effort to provide integrated and compelling products that can help solve our clients’ real-world needs. The new zero online brokerage commissions create real value for current and prospective clients by reducing barriers to the financial system and making investing more accessible.”
TIAA brokerage accounts offer a simple way to invest with powerful tools and resources that help clients build, navigate and monitor their investments in line with their specific criteria or responsible investing preferences.
In addition, clients who have a brokerage account with TIAA along with retirement and bank accounts can easily review all their finances through one portal and can transfer money between accounts seamlessly.
TIAA brokerage accounts have no account opening fees, no minimum balance fees, no inactivity fees and no annual maintenance fees.
Investing with a TIAA brokerage account is easier than ever, and more convenient.
- Clients can set up an investment account and check progress online or on their phone.
- Clients can contribute any amount to their account at any time through a variety of transfer methods.
- Clients have access to all kinds of different investments, including mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, bonds, CDs and more.
- Numerous TIAA research tools allow clients to choose investment options that match their risk profile.
- TIAA tools can even help clients find investments that align with their values related to sustainability or corporate citizenship.
With an award-winning 1 track record for consistent investment performance, TIAA (TIAA.org) is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. TIAA has $1 trillion in assets under management (as of 9/30/2018 2) and offers a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.