Find out what we do and what you can do to ensure the safety of your information.
How to protect against identity theft:
- Do not email personal information
- Shred unwanted documents
- Review your account activity often
Customer Protection Policy
Become familiar with the different risks and how to recognize them.
How to spot a phishing email:
- Requests for sensitive information or passwords
- Bullying or threatening tone
- Poor grammar and spelling
Follow these steps to resolve issues should they occur.
What to do if your identity is stolen:
- Contact TIAA at 800 842-2252, or report suspicious emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the major credit bureaus
- Alert the Federal Trade Commission