Why rollover assets and consolidate4 with TIAA?
- Avoid overlaps and gaps in your investment mix
- Easy to track progress toward your goals
- Simplified management of your account
- No fee IRAs, no and low fee investment options5
- Advice and support at no additional cost
- Wide array of investments
How It Works
The Rollover Process
- Move your funds from an existing retirement plan
You have 2 options once you open an IRA or when using your existing TIAA IRA:
- Log in and transfer your rollover online
- Have an IRA specialist assist you at
Things To Consider
IRA rollover basics
Rollovers move retirement savings from one retirement account to another.
There’s no limit on how much money you can roll over.2
The easiest way to roll over is to transfer directly from one institution to another.
If you take money directly out of your retirement plan or IRA (for example, you receive a check made out to you) you can still roll it into a new IRA, but things get more complicated.
For example, you’ll need to roll over within 60 days or you may be faced with tax withholding and/or penalties.