Retirement account annuities
Call 800-842-2252 to speak with a consultant.
Get the Basics
How an annuity fits into your retirement plan
Save while you work, then get lifetime income1
If offered by your employer, annuities can provide a way to save on your taxes while you’re working – and give you the option to receive retirement income you can’t outlive.
An annuity can provide income for as long as you live – even when your other retirement savings run out.1 Check with your employer’s benefits office to see if your employer plan offers annuities.
Get the Basics
How can a retirement account annuity help you?
Build your nest egg
Contributing to an annuity during your working years can potentially help you build a nest egg.
Income from an annuity can help supplement Social Security and can provide income long after other savings run out.
Ease your mind
Knowing that you have income for life after you retire, no matter how long you live, can help ease your mind.1
Fixed or variable annuity?
- You will not lose the money you put in or interest earned, guaranteed
- You will earn interest every day
- Get income payments for life or the period you select1
- There may be restrictions on withdrawing or transferring the money you put in
- More investment options providing market returns
- Shift money among investments as needed
- Get income payments for life, or the period you select, that change based on market performance
- No penalties or surrender charges on withdrawals or transfers
Our annuity lineup
RETIREMENT ACCOUNT ANNUITIES
The CREF Accounts
We invented the variable annuity in 1952 when we launched CREF Stock Account. Since then, we’ve built other variable annuities to help you plan for lifetime income.2 Choose from equity, fixed income and diversified accounts across all major domestic and international markets.
We do annuities differently
TIAA has an impressive track record.
|TIAA PARTICIPANTS HAD||Highest average||retirement account balances.3|
|69% OF OUR ANNUITY ACCOUNTS AND MUTUAL FUNDS ARE RATED||4-5 stars||by an independent rating firm.4|
|TIAA PARTICIPANTS CONVERTED||$1.6 billion||to start lifetime income payments in 2015.|
|CREF ANNUITIES COST LESS||100% of the time||vs the industry average.5|
Need help to decide?