Get the Basics
What you get with TIAA
Investing made simple
- Open an account in five minutes
- Access to ETFs, Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, CDs
- Fund your account electronically with funds available for trading as soon as next day
No cost on many ETFs
- No cost or minimum to open an account
- No maintenance fees
- Free ETF trading for more than 160 funds
- Buy stocks or exchange traded tunds (ETFs) online for $7.95 per trade. Pay even less, just $5.95, when you work with a Wealth Management Advisor.
Access to financial pros and powerful tools
- Our experienced professionals can help you clarify your goals and learn about investing.
- Research and screening tools to help you find investments.
Get the basics
TIAA Brokerage accounts give you a lot of choices.
Make all your own decisions, ask us for help, or let us manage it for you. It's your call.
Get the Basics
An investment account beyond retirement savings
Step One Open a brokerage account online, by phone or in person at one of our local offices.
Step Two Fund your account by electronic transfer, personal check, wire transfer, pension payment(s) or transfer from another firm.
Step Three Invest on your own, or with assistance from us, and manage your investments at tiaa.org.
Step Four Take money out when you need it for emergencies or other expenses.
Our brokerage accounts give you flexibility and convenience—pick an option that works for you.
Build your own portfolio
Access to the tools and resources our professionals use to find investments such as stocks, bonds, ETFs and mutual funds.
Let a professional manage it for you
We can manage your portfolio for you based on your personal needs and goals.1
Help me choose
Need help deciding which route to go?
Investments that suit your style
Open a TIAA Brokerage account
A TIAA Brokerage account is an option for anyone—whether you have your retirement plan with us or not.