Wherever you are in life, a TIAA IRA may be a smart way to help manage your retirement goals. Our IRAs can help complement your workplace plan and offer a variety of benefits, including:
- Advice and support. You can choose a TIAA IRA that offers advice and support to help you figure it all out — which investments are right for you, how much to put in each, and how to receive income in retirement.*
- A wide array of investments. You can access thousands of investments — both TIAA and non-TIAA mutual funds, stocks, bonds, annuities, FDIC-insured certificates of deposit (CDs) and ETFs through a brokerage IRA.
- Low costs. Expenses on our mutual funds and annuities are generally less than half the mutual fund industry average, so more money stays in your account.1
Have you, or a family member, ever worked for a nonprofit organization?
If so, we offer even more IRA investment options.
If you or a family member currently work for (or once worked for) a nonprofit organization, you can invest in TIAA's annuities and additional TIAA mutual funds. You’ll be able to select these investments as you go through the process of opening your account. (Note: If not currently employed at a nonprofit, you or your family member must have either: worked at a nonprofit for at least three years or have worked at a nonprofit since turning 55 years of age.)
- Eligible family members:
- Spouse/domestic partner
- Parents and grandparents*
- Children and grandchildren*
- Examples of eligible nonprofit organizations include: Nonprofit colleges and universities, public and private elementary and secondary schools, teaching hospitals, charities, museums, libraries, state or municipal agencies (e.g., transit or sanitation departments), municipal fire departments, state and municipal police departments, state parks departments, The U.S. Postal Service, and The U.S. Forest Service.
You should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing. Please call 877-518-9161 or log on to TIAA.org for product and fund prospectuses that contain this and other information. Please read the prospectuses carefully before investing.