This TIAA Applicant Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) is for individuals who are interested in applying or have submitted an application for employment with TIAA (“applicant”). TIAA, in this Notice, refers to Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of American and its subsidiaries and affiliates, including but not limited to TIAA, FSB and Nuveen Services,LLC.
If you are applying for a job with TIAA, please review this Notice carefully, as it applies to the personal information, we collect about you solely in your capacity as an applicant.
If you receive an employment offer from TIAA, you may receive additional requests for information, including a background check, subject to additional disclosures.
Personal information includes information that identifies and describes who you are, as well as information that relates to, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked to you, one of your devices and/or a member of your household.
In this Notice, we refer to this information as “Applicant Personal Information.”
Categories of Applicant Personal Information that TIAA may collect or generate
The categories of Applicant Personal Information we may collect or generate about you are:
- contact details such as your names, email addresses, physical addresses, or phone numbers. We use these categories of information to stay in touch with you.
- government issued identifier, such as a social security or driver’s license number. We use this to identify you, for authentication, for security and risk management, fraud prevention and similar purposes, and for our business purposes.
- information about the devices you use to contact us, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer browser or the device ID on your smartphone, and where you contact us from. We use these categories of information to ensure that TIAA’s websites continue to operate as necessary, and to permit you to access the online portals that you need to apply for employment with us.
- information about your educational and professional background, and personal characteristics. We use this information to comply with employment laws and regulatory requirements.
- inferences or insights we may draw from such information. We use this information to enhance our candidate process.
We may obtain Applicant Personal Information –
- directly from you;
- from third parties such as data aggregators or companies with which we have business relationships; and
- using online tracking technologies (including cookies and similar technologies) if you applied through our websites.
We do not hire minors under sixteen years of age and therefore do not collect Applicant Personal Information from them.
Use of your Personal Information
We only use such Applicant Personal Information for TIAA’s business purposes. TIAA may share it with vendors who have agreed to use it only to render contracted services to TIAA and keep it confidential.
TIAA does not sell your Applicant Personal Information to third parties. TIAA will notify you of an intended change in our use of your Applicant Personal Information and obtain your prior consent before implementing it.
Changes to this Notice
TIAA reserves the right to amend this Notice in its discretion and at any time. When we make substantive changes to this Notice, we will inform you through a notice on our website.