This TIAA Privacy Notice (the "TIAA Applicant Privacy Notice" or "this Notice") is for applicants for TIAA positions ("applicant"), whether such applicants are currently employed at TIAA or not. TIAA, in this Notice, refers to Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America and its affiliates, including but not limited to TIAA, FSB and Nuveen Services, LLC.
If you are applying for a job with TIAA, please review this Notice carefully, as it applies to the personal information we collect about you solely in your capacity as an applicant. We encourage you to read this Notice to have a full description of our online and offline data practices.
If you receive an employment offer for TIAA, you may receive additional requests for information, including a background check, subject to additional disclosures.
Personal information includes information that identifies and describes who you are, as well as information that relates to, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked to you, one of your devices and/or a member of your household. In this Notice, we refer to this information as "Applicant Personal Information."
Categories of Applicant Personal Information that TIAA may collect or generate
TIAA may collect or generate Applicant Personal Information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or a member of your household. The categories of information we may collect or generate about you are:
- contact details such as your names, email addresses, physical addresses, or phone numbers; we use these categories of information to stay in touch with you;
- information about the devices you use to contact us and the TIAA Intranet, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer browser or the device ID on your smartphone, and where you contact us from; we use these categories of information to ensure that TIAA's websites continue to operate as necessary;
- information about your educational and professional background, stage in your life and personal characteristics; we use this information to comply with employment laws and regulatory requirements;
- depending on your job application, biometric information such as fingerprints; we use this information to comply with regulatory requirements; and
- inferences or insights we may draw from such information; we use this information to enhance our candidate process.
We may obtain Applicant Personal Information –
- directly from you;
- from third parties such as data aggregators or companies with which we have business relationships; and
- using online tracking technologies (including cookies and similar technologies) if you applied through our websites.
We do not hire minors under sixteen years of age and therefore do not collect Personal Information from them.
Use of your Personal Information
We only use such Applicant Personal Information for TIAA's business purposes. TIAA may share it with vendors who have agreed to use it only to render contracted services to TIAA and keep it confidential. TIAA does not sell your Candidate Personal Information to third parties.
TIAA will notify you of an intended change in our use of your Personal Information and obtain your prior consent before implementing it.
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, please do not hesitate to contact HR Services at 844-4TIAAHR (844-484-2247).
Changes to this Notice
TIAA reserves the right to amend this Notice in its discretion and at any time.