Things to consider:
- A beneficiary can be an individual, institution, estate or trust. Keep designations as simple as possible.
- If you have more than one beneficiary, the allocations must total 100 percent.
- Benefits go to the primary beneficiary(ies) first.
- If primary beneficiary(ies) are deceased, benefits go to contingent beneficiary(ies).
- If you chose a Two-Life annuity option, the annuity partner cannot be listed as your beneficiary.
- If there is no guaranteed period, or the guaranteed and fixed periods have expired, beneficiaries receive no death benefits.
- Which contract(s) you are applying your designations to. You can designate to any or all contracts for each product type.
- Once you log in, we will let you know if you need to complete an unmarried determination or spousal waiver.
- If you're married, and it's required, your spouse must sign the prefilled waiver before a notary public or plan representative on the same or later date than when you sign it.