TIAA Real Estate Account
TIAA is one of the nation’s top investors in properties and mortgages. Take advantage of our experience and expertise.
Call 800-842-2252 to speak with an advisor.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
TIAA Real Estate basics
Put money in
- Through your employer’s plan or IRA
- From other TIAA retirement plan investments
- External transfers from other sources
Take money out
- As a stream of lifetime income payments2
- Make regular withdrawals
- As a transfer to other investments in your plan*
*Some restrictions apply. See prospectus for details.
WHY SHOULD I CARE?
The benefits of the TIAA Real Estate Account
A variable annuity that primarily invests in commercial real estate.
PROVEN TRACK RECORD
TIAA has more than 65 years' experience investing in top-tier commercial real estate.
The account primarily invests directly in commercial real estate, an asset class not widely available to retail investors in a variable annuity or mutual fund.
INCOME FOR LIFE
Option to receive income from your TIAA Real Estate Account for as long as you live.1
You can take money out of your TIAA Real Estate Account once per quarter.
Is this annuity right for you?
Can be good if you
- Want the option to convert to income you can’t outlive
- Want an investment that complements your stocks and bonds
- Are looking to balance out ups and downs in your account balance
Important: The real estate industry is subject to various risks including fluctuations in underlying property values, expenses and income, and potential environmental liabilities.
Experts who act with care
- TIAA employs over 110 real estate professionals in the United States to guide our decisions.
- We use our access to local market experts to be smart about risks.
- We work with and listen to local developers and owners, property management firms, leasing offices, and local banks to find the best path to long-term returns.
Get started with TIAA Real Estate
If you like the TIAA Real Estate Account, here’s how you can begin saving.
"I create value for TIAA Real Estate investors."
Global Real Estate
Employee since 2007