Retirement Planning Calculators & Financial Tools
Want guidance creating a budget? Calculating your needs for retirement? Saving for your children's education? TIAA's online tools can help you answer many important financial questions.
- Retirement AdvisorComplete four steps and receive a customized Retirement Action Plan with savings and investment recommendations.
- Retirement Income PlannerExplore your income options with varied assumptions and compare a wide range of scenarios to help you meet your retirement income goals.
- Retirement Goal EvaluatorFind out how much of your current income you might be able to replace in retirement and where you may have shortfalls.
- Early Withdrawal CalculatorUnderstand the impact of taking an early withdrawal from your retirement account – including lost asset growth, tax consequences and penalties.
- IRA Finder ToolQuickly learn whether you’re eligible for a Traditional or Roth IRA, and see how much you can contribute.
- IRA Contribution Limits Answer a few questions to determine how much you can contribute to a Roth or a Traditional IRA.
- Roth IRA ConversionFind out if it makes sense to convert your Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA.
- Tax-Advantage CalculatorSee why contributing to a tax-deferred retirement annuity may be to your advantage — building more retirement savings while reducing your taxable income.
- Tax-Deferred Contributions CalculatorDetermine the maximum amount you can contribute to a supplemental tax-deferred account.
- IRA Contribution LimitsAnswer a few questions to determine how much you can contribute to a Roth or a Traditional IRA.
- Minimum Distribution CalculatorFind out how much you must withdraw from your retirement accounts when you reach age 70½.
- Asset Allocation EvaluatorDiversify your retirement savings across a range of assets classes, such as equity, fixed income and real estate. See sample scenarios based on answers to a few questions.
- Compare InvestmentsCompare historical performance, risk, holdings, and ratings for up to five mutual funds and/or Retirement Plan Annuities.
- Annuity Cost Savings CalculatorSee how much you may save in annuity expenses. Use this interactive tool to compare annuity expense charges.
- Life WizardEstimate how much term life insurance you need and what it could cost.
- Life Insurance CalculatorEstimate how much life insurance your family may need to replace income if you (or another breadwinner) pass away.
- Life Insurance Premium Quick QuotesAnswer a few questions and get a term life insurance quote on the spot.
55% of students report having 0% exposure to financial education
TIAA joined forces with the Council of Graduate Schools and leading universities to help change this statistic by researching students’ financial challenges and creating programs to address them.
TIAA is here for you
In addition to our online tools, we're here to help. We offer:
- One-on-one consultations at no additional cost on the phone or in person.
- Guidance to help you get the most from your retirement benefits.
- A broad review of your finances, including your TIAA and non-TIAA accounts.
Saturday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (ET)
Saturday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (ET)