Compare your options
Roth vs. Traditional IRA
Compare the options below to help you decide if an IRA might be right for you.
- Contributions may be tax deductible.
- Anyone under age 70 ½ with earned income can contribute.
- Pay no taxes until money is withdrawn.
- Must begin making withdrawals by age 70½.
- Contributions are not tax deductible.
- Eligibility is based on how much you earn. Contribute at any age.
- Never pay taxes on qualified withdrawals after age 59 ½.
- Withdrawals are never required.
Withdrawals of earnings prior to age 59½ may be subject to ordinary income tax and a 10% penalty may apply.
The TIAA group of companies does not provide legal or tax advice. Please consult your legal or tax advisor.