Meet the TIAA Difference Maker 100 being honored for their work in their communities
Customer Protection Policy
Safeguarding the integrity of our clients’ accounts is a top priority for us. We continually monitor accounts using a combination of technology, people and processes to protect our customers, their assets and their data.
Our practice is to reinstate a client’s TIAA account in full if there is a loss that is determined to be the result of unauthorized activity through no fault of the client. At the same time, it is important that clients safeguard their account information by following common security practices as outlined below. If there are indicators that a loss is attributable to client negligence, further investigation may be required before we can make a determination regarding restitution.
Your Role in Safeguarding Your Account
In an effort to keep your account as secure as possible, we ask you to take the following precautions:
- Safeguard all of your account access information.
- Avoid sharing user IDs and passwords with anyone (including family members).
- Promptly review all transaction notices and account statements for accuracy.
- Use good security practices for technology – whether you use a computer, tablet, smart phone or other digital device – to ensure you have up-to-date security protections.
- Review information on how to protect your accounts, which can be found on our Web Security Center
- Contact us as promptly as possible at 800-842-2252 or via email at email@example.com if any unauthorized transactions are suspected, or if you suspect your personal information has been compromised.
Individual circumstances can vary. If you have reason to be concerned about access to your account, contact us and we will work with you to see whether additional account protections might be warranted.