NEW YORK (May 14, 2018) – TIAA announced today the launch of a new mobile app tailored to the unique needs of plan sponsors for both iOS and Android platforms. This mobile version of PlanFocus, TIAA’s award-winning website for plan sponsors, simplifies the digital experience for plan sponsors by providing access and administrative functions to expand the sponsors’ ability to support their institutions and employees more efficiently and empower them to work the way they need to across multiple devices and away from their desks.
With this new offer, TIAA has brought the simplicity and the ease of the individual’s digital experience to the institutional space. “With plan sponsors taking on more responsibility than ever before, we want to provide them with the digital tools they need to be attentive and responsive regardless of whether they are at their desks or having hallway conversations with participants,” said Doug Chittenden, executive vice president and president of Institutional Retirement at TIAA.Through a thoughtful design, the mobile experience enables plan sponsors to:
- Communicate and collaborate directly with their TIAA relationship and support teams via email and phone from the app.
- Support their participants by searching for participants securely and quickly – Provides valuable interactions with plan participants “on-the-go” including the ability to answer questions about allocations, contributions, loan balances, YTD activity and total and vested balances.
- New workflow features let sponsors review and act on timely requests including “approving” transactions from participants more efficiently.
- Stay up to date with pending action items and notices including important deadlines, contribution file alerts and service request updates.
- Review plan performance data including plan balance, number of contributing participants, average age of participants, average employee contributions and average employer contributions.
- Help plan sponsors work when it’s convenient for them. Some plan sponsors need access from outside of the office; now they have the flexibility to log-in from anywhere anytime.
“Mobile technology has been a powerful driver of convenience in our personal lives from shopping to banking and everything in between. We believe our plan sponsor mobile app will create the same convenience in the institutional segment, enabling a better experience for plan sponsors and their participants,” said Scott Blandford, TIAA’s chief digital officer. This application has been made available to all clients via Apple or the Google App stores.
With an award-winning2 track record for consistent investment performance, TIAA (TIAA.org) is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. TIAA has nearly $1 trillion in assets under management (as of 3/31/20183) and offers a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services