NEW YORK, October 1, 2020 – TIAA significantly expanded the investment options available in the TIAA Access variable annuity1 lineup. TIAA participants investing through their employer retirement plans will now have access to more than 30 new funds across a range of asset classes and outcome goals.
These new investment options illustrate TIAA's commitment to continually evolving plan menus to plan sponsor preferences, while enhancing the standard of best-in-class selections offered across the variable annuity industry and also adding competitive funds compliant with Sharia law.
"Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, our participants are placing an even greater focus on saving for retirement and securing their financial futures," said Liza Tyler, Head of Variable Annuity Products and Distribution at TIAA. "By building out our investment lineup, we are providing a broader menu of solutions designed to meet their needs and increase access to lifetime income. This expansion also provides us an opportunity to better serve our institutions and remain competitive on their fund menus."
Beginning today, as their plan sponsors adopt funds, participants will have access to the new suite of investment choices through their retirement plans. The funds added include:
- TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Index Funds (2010 Index Fund, 2015 Index Fund, 2020 Index Fund, 2025 Index Fund, 2030 Index Fund, 2035 Index Fund, 2040 Index Fund, 2045 Index Fund, 2050 Index Fund, Index 2055 Index Fund, 2060 Index Fund, 2065 Index Fund, and Lifecycle Index Retirement Income Fund)
- TIAA-CREF Core Impact Bond Fund
- TIAA-CREF International Opportunities Fund
- Nuveen Real Asset Income Fund
- TIAA-CREF Social Choice Low Carbon Equity Fund
- Nuveen Mid Cap Value Fund
- TIAA-CREF Social Choice International Equity Fund
- American Funds New Perspective Fund
- T. Rowe Price Blue Chip Growth Fund
- Vanguard Inflation-Protected Securities Fund
- Vanguard Total International Bond Index Fund
- Vanguard Institutional Index Fund
- Vanguard FTSE Social Index Fund
- Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-US Small Cap Index Fund
- Vanguard Real Estate Index Fund
- Amana Growth Fund
- American Century Mid Cap Value Fund
- Delaware Small Cap Value Fund
- iShares Russell Mid-Cap Index Fund
- Invesco Oppenheimer Discovery Mid Cap Growth Fund
- JPMorgan Equity Income Fund
- MFS International Diversification Fund
- MFS Mid Cap Growth Fund
- MFS Value Fund
- PGIM Total Return Bond Fund
To learn more, click here.
With an award-winning2 track record for consistent investment performance, TIAA (TIAA.org) is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. TIAA has $1.1 trillion in assets under management (as of 6/30/20203) and offers a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.